From August 11th to September 24th, 2021, Bordeaux, hub of the famed wine-growing region and a port city on the Garonne River in southwestern France, is hosting an exceptional international exhibition on the many faces of the fascinating city of Hyderabad. This exhibition at the gates of the Public Garden of Bordeaux features works of 10 Indian photographers, curated by Aquin Mathews of the Indian Photo Festival, India’s longest running international festival of photography. It brings together professional and aspiring photographers, photography lovers and the public and promotes the art while addressing social issues, all through the medium of photography.
The photographers chosen for the exhibition are:
1. Satyanarayana Gola : 5 photos depicting the vibrant streets and the folk culture of Hyderabad.
2. Saurabh Chatterjee : 7 photos cutting across the demographics of Hyderabad.
3. Kommidi Vishwender Reddy : 2 photos juxtaposing the prehistoric rocks and built environment of Hyderabad.
4. Suresh Kandukuri : 2 photos depicting the charm of the Old City of Hyderabad.
5. Jovy Thomas : A photo of Qutb Shahi tombs, Hyderabad.
6. Padma Thayappan : A photo of Paigah tombs, Hyderabad.
7. Radha Varanasi : A photo of one of the gateways of Chaarkamaan, Hyderabad.
8. Vinod Venkapalli : An action photo of children frolicking in water at Hyderabad.
9. Kandukuri Ramesh Babu : 2 photos celebrating colour and quirkiness of Hyderabad.
10. Prudhvi Chowdary : 2 photos depicting the festive hustle-bustle of Hyderabad.
Head to our social media to watch them talk about their Hyderabad connection.
This exhibition is being held within the framework of the cooperation agreement linking Bordeaux Métropole and the State of Telangana since October 13th, 2015.