Date(s) - 07/11/2014 - 17/11/2014
10:30 am - 5:00 pm
The year 2014 marks the hundredth anniversary of the outbreak of the First World War, a tragic conflict that has shaped world history ever since.
The impact of the First World War on the colonies was profound and many-sided. A conflict that began in the Balkans turned into a general European war in July and August 1914, and then took on extra-European dimensions, as some of the belligerent states ranked as the most important colonial powers globally. It also had special relevance to the Indian subcontinent as Britain, the ruling colonial power mobilised 1.5 million Indian soldiers during the war, of which about 90,000 were killed.
- Exhibition “War & Colonies, 1914-1918” Inauguration at University of Hyderabad
Fri 7 Nov 9:30am
- Panel Discussion on the topic “Beyond wars” at University of Hyderabad.
Fri 7 Nov 10:30am to 5:00pm
- Exhibition “War & Colonies, 1914-1918” at Alliance Française of Hyderabad
On view from Tue 11 Nov till Mon 17 Nov from 9 to 5 pm.
- Film Screenings at Alliance Française of Hyderabad
- La France (France) Directed by Serge Bozon, 2007, Thurs 13 Nov at 6 :30pm
- La Grande Illusion (The Grande Illusion) Directed by Jean Renoir, Fri 13 Nov at 6 :30pm
- Ceremony at the WWI Memorial Monument, Chaderghat
Sat 29 Nov 9:30am