Date(s) - 09/09/2021 - 31/10/2021
ALLIANCE FRANÇAISE HYDERABAD
ALORS, ON CHANTE!
– French singing contest for French language students of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
Music is as much for the brain as it is for the soul. At Alliance Française of Hyderabad, we have always used and encouraged, among other tools, listening and singing French songs, to enhance the French learning experience. Apart from this, we are also engaged in several musical events such as the annual Fête de la Musique. Taking this engagement a step further, and this time, focusing on the young minds learning French, we decided to bring the joy of French songs to school students.
So, here we are with ALORS, ON CHANTE! a singing contest for schools and colleges (Class 4 to Class 12) of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, offering French as a subject. We are thrilled to bring this first edition to you and look forward to your participation.
Rules and Regulations:
- ‘ALORS, ON CHANTE!’, hereafter referred to as ‘contest’, is a singing contest for students from Telangana and Andhra Pradesh who are presently studying French as a subject at their respective schools.
- This contest is only open to students from Class 4 to Class 12 (or equivalent) from recognized schools of the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- This contest is NOT for students only studying French OUTSIDE their school curriculum.
- The contest will be held in 3 categories, Category I: Classes 4-7, Category II: Classes 8-10 and Category III: Classes 11 & 12 (or equivalent).
- The contest will be conducted in 2 rounds: Round 1: Open to all, Finals: Between the shortlisted participants from Round 1.
- Only songs in French will be accepted (i.e. no mix of English, Arabic, Spanish or any other language will be considered).
- Only one entry per contestant will be allowed .
- Entries to be sent only through this Google form . Entries sent directly to any of our mail ids will NOT be considered.
- The videos are to be uploaded on Google Drive link which will is provided in the form, hence it will require signing in.
- One contestant can only submit one response to the form; hence the contestants are advised to be very careful and to check that all fields are filled in currently before submitting the form.
- The video duration: Category I: 1-3 mins (Note the change) . Category II and III: 1.5 – 3 mins long. Videos outside time limit will be disqualified.
- The videos are to be a single shot i.e. no cuts and edits allowed.
- The performance should be a single song. Medleys will not be considered.
- Videos shall be MP4 256 minimum, shot in portrait format with a max file size of 1 GB.
- Accompanying music is allowed but NO KARAOKE. Songs without accompanying music are allowed.
- Even while using accompanying music, ONLY the contestant(singer) shall appear in the video. Anybody else in the video frame will lead to immediate disqualification.
- The accompanying music shall only be used as a support. The music will not be considered for judging. Hence, long interludes of music in between singing will lead to negative marking.
- THE PARTICIPANTS SHALL NOT DISCLOSE THEIR/THEIR SCHOOL’S IDENTITIES IN ANY FORM IN THE VIDEO. The video shall only consist of the performance and no introduction of any kind should be made. The video should not have any text or logo in it.
- The contestants will be judged on singing quality, originality of the song and/or of its interpretation and French pronunciation.
- This is a solo contest. Duets and group singing will be disqualified. As stated earlier, the student may use live music being played by someone else but only the participant shall be in the video.
- All internet decency rules apply. Dress appropriately. Do not choose songs with foul language.
- The last date to send in entries is 31st October, 2021.
- The results of Round 1 will be announced before the end of November.
- The jury will consist of pan India and French experts of music and French language.
- The decision of the jury will be final.
- E-certificates will be issued to all participating contestants WHO ARE NOT DISQUALIFIED.
- The shortlisted contestants from Round 1 will be featured on the social media handles of Alliance Française of Hyderabad with a mention of their schools.
- The shortlisted contestants will receive fresh guidelines for the finals including date and other details.
- Attractive prizes to be won (watch our social media for announcements shortly).
- By participating in the contest, the contestants agree for their submissions to be used by Alliance Française of Hyderabad during or after the contest for publicity or other purposes without additional permission from the contestants. It is to be noted that any such use will NOT be remunerable.
- Participants and schools are advised to follow our social media handles in order to stay updated about the contest. The organisers shall not be held responsible for the participants missing out on information published by us on public platforms. The social media links are as follows:
Link to the Google Form: https://forms.gle/StHufc6qJe1AY3Dd7
Some resources for reference (It is not compulsory for students to choose from this list)
Well, what are you waiting for! ALORS, ON CHANTE!
For any clarification, write to [email protected]