Date(s) - 10/04/2017 - 30/05/2017
« La mode & les codes vestimentaires »/«Fashion & Dress codes»
Free participation – Last Date of submitting entries: 30th May 2017!
Clothes are a proof of one’s association to self, a second skin: To dress is not just an affirmation of one’s existence in the society, a sign of belonging; but it is also a projection of one’s identity, seeking distinction and expressing one’s taste.
There are Clothes for every occasion – traditional, festivals, celebrations, sports, religion, etc., and several ways of dressing in specific contexts (generation, gender, age, geography, history …). So when the code becomes fashionable, it also expresses aesthetic as well as social aspiration.
The objective of this 7th edition is to show, through the extent and the the ways of dressing, all the richness of the patrimonies, practices and creations dresses and beyond, the diversity of the world.
- May 30 2017: Last day of submitting the entries to Alliance Française Hyderabad.
- JUNE 5 2017: The jury of Alliance Française Hyderabad will name its winner and send the 2 selected photos to the Fondation Alliance Française.
- After July 3rd 2017: Naming of the final contest winner by the jury of the Fondation Alliance française, Paris.
- A collective exhibition in a Parisian art gallery and/or at the gallery of the Fondation Alliance Française will present a selection of the winner and finalists’ artworks. The successful photographs will be published in media outlets specializing in art and photography.
- The Grand Prize Winner will be invited for one week in Paris. Air fares (economy class round- trip), lodging (youth hostel category or the equivalent) for one week in Paris, and per diem at €40/day will be provided to the winner by the Fondation Alliance française.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
The competition is free and open to all non-professional and semi-professional photographers aged 18 and above.
Participants will need to submit two digital files formatted to TIFF (.tiff) or JPEG (.jpeg) with a resolution of 300 DPI (at least 30x40cm in 3000dpi – 3543×4724 pixels). The pictures should be original and exclusive (no reproduction allowed).
1- Prior to submitting your entry, please read the rules & regulations of the contest 2017:
Rules and Regulations of the contest “Fashion & Dress codes”
2- Fill in the Entry Form that needs to be forwarded with both photos:
Particiation Entry Form 2017
3- Submit your Participation Entry Form, along two photographs through the following website wetransfer.com to [email protected]afhyderabad.org with subject line: ‘Fashion & dress codes’ before MAY 30th, 2017.