INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED FRENCH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY CERTIFICATES
DELF: Diplôme d’Etudes en Langue Française & DALF: Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française
What is DELF- DALF?
Created in 1985, the DELF (French Language Study Diploma) and the DALF (Advanced French language Diploma) are the first French as a foreign language diploma to have international value. These diplomas have been thought at a European level (European Council) and the French Ministry of National Education officially issues them. They have already been adopted in nearly 120 countries as French language reference examinations.
Why appear for this exam?
- With a DALF, a student can gain direct access to any French speaking university without having to appear for an entrance linguistic test.
- DELF/DALF functions with a system of certificates, wherein a student can appear for each following certificate in any recognized Indian or foreign Centers. It is valid for a life time.
What are the levels of competencies in French?
- DELF A1 & A2: certifies basic proficiency in French; the ability to communicate in French in all day-to-day situations.
- DELF B1 & B2, deepens these skills. It includes a general knowledge of civilization and the first elements of specialized French in the area chosen by the candidate.
- DALF C1 & C2: corresponds to a level of achievement in French suitable for university studies.
The Delf and Dalf certificates are harmonized with the Common European Framework of Reference for languages from the Council of Europe. There are six certificates and each certificate corresponds to one of the six levels
|DELF||Basic user||A1 (120h)
|DELF||Independent user||B1 (180h)
|DALF||Proficient user||C1 (220h)
Who can register?
Registration is open to everybody (except French nationals). There is no pre-requisite for registration and no specific training is required.
However, please note that it is an advantage to have studied French with an approach and a textbook compatible with the DELF/DALF philosophy and appear for the corresponding level.
Steps on how to register for the exams? (Online process)
- Download the Registration Form by clicking here. Print, fill in, sign and scan it.
- Pay the relevant exam fee through our QR code or as a Bank Transfer or Online Transfer through NEFT / RTGS payable to Alliance Française Hyderabad. (See below for Fee/Tariff, QR code, and Bank details )
- Send by email (to: [email protected]), the snapshot of your Online payment (with transaction id), the scanned filled-in registration form, a soft copy of your Passport size photo and a Valid ID proof (e.g. Aadhar, passport copy etc.,).
- Kindly note that on the day of the examination, you also need to provide us 2 print copies of your Passport size photo.
- Agree by reading the Rules and Regulations governing the DELF and DELF Examinations DELF-DALF Rules and Regulations
- We will confirm your registration by sending you the receipt number for your payment.
- We will mail you the Convocation/Hall ticket one week prior to the scheduled exam date.
- The Convocation/Hall ticket will have candidate name, candidate number, exam date and time.
- Kindly reach us immediately in case of any discrepancy in your Convocation/Hall ticket.
- Exams are only offline and needs your presence at the centre for almost the entire day.
* Internal Student: Someone who has done a course with AFH in the last 6months. Need to produce the latest AFH receipt number or course registration mail reference.
* External Student: Someone who has not done any course with AFH or has done course with AFH 6months ago.
Other Important Information:
- Registration is on first come first basis.
- Registration Timing (Offline process at AF office): 9 am to 5 pm. (Lunch time: 1 p.m to 2 p.m)
- Those who have already appeared for DELF-DALF are requested to write their Numéro de Candidat (mentioned on the DELF-DALF certificate) while filling up the form.
NOTE: THE FEES FOR DELF DALF EXAMS ARE VALID FOR ONLY ONE SESSION AND ARE NON REFUNDABLE.
- Certificates: All passed candidates have to collect their Delf-Dalf certificates in person in our center in Banjara Hills. In case the candidate is not able to come in person, he/she could authorize via email ([email protected] ), a family member or a friend to collect the certificate on his/her behalf.
- NO MARKS WILL BE COMMUNICATED OVER THE PHONE OR BY EMAIL AND NO DUPLICATE CERTIFICATE WILL BE ISSUED.
Results of the exams last conducted:
Centre : 091040 Hyderabad (INDE)
Session : 202212T (DELF-DALF tout public)
Note: Candidates who have passed (Admis.e) can collect the “Attestation certificate”(with marks breakup) from our office after 1-2weeks. Kindly note the Marks details cannot be provided over phone.
– The Original certificate will take time (1-2months) to come from Paris and we will inform you over email accordingly.
Other Centres in India?
Ahmedabad |Goa |Delhi | Bangalore | Hyderabad | Thiruvananthapuram | Chandigarh | Mumbai | Chennai | Pune