DELF: Diplôme d’Etudes en Langue Française
DALF: Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française
What is DELF- DALF?
Created in 1985, the DELF (French Language Study Diploma) and the DALF (Advanced French language Diploma) are the first French as a foreign language diploma to have international value. These diplomas have been thought at a European level (European Council) and the French Ministry of National Education officially issues them. They have already been adopted in nearly 120 countries as French language reference examinations.
Why appear for this exam?
- With a DALF, a student can gain direct access to any French speaking university without having to appear for an entrance linguistic test.
- DELF/DALF functions with a system of certificates, wherein a student can appear for each following certificate in any recognized Indian or foreign Centers. It is valid for a life time.
What are the levels of competencies in French?
- DELF A1 & A2: certifies basic proficiency in French; the ability to communicate in French in all day-to-day situations.
- DELF B1 & B2, deepens these skills. It includes a general knowledge of civilization and the first elements of specialized French in the area chosen by the candidate.
- DALF C1 & C2: corresponds to a level of achievement in French suitable for university studies.
The Delf and Dalf certificates are harmonized with the Common European Framework of Reference for languages from the Council of Europe. There are six certificates and each certificate corresponds to one of the six levels
|DELF||Basic user||A1 (160h)
|DELF||Independent user||B1 (160h)
|DALF||Proficient user||C1 (200h)
Who can register?
Registration is open to everybody (except French nationals). There is no pre-requisite for registration and no specific training is required.
However, please note that it is an advantage to have studied French with an approach and a textbook compatible with the DELF/DALF philosophy and appear for the corresponding level.
Where to register for the exams?
- Download the registration form for DELF DALF 2018 session
- Download the “Rules and regulations governing DELF and DALF examinations” by clicking here
- Print, fill in and sign both documents
- Bring both documents at Alliance Française Hyderabad reception, along with 2 passport size photos and ID Proof. Payment by cash, Credit card or Online Transfer through NEFT / RTGS payable to Alliance Française Hyderabad.
Other Important Information:
- Registration is on first come first basis.
- Registration Timing: 9 am to 5 pm. (Lunch time: 1 p.m to 2 p.m)
- Those who have already appeared for DELF-DALF are requested to write their Numéro de Candidat (mentioned on the DELF-DALF certificate) while filling up the form.
NOTE: THE FEES FOR DELF DALF EXAMS ARE VALID FOR ONLY ONE SESSION AND ARE NON REFUNDABLE.
- Certificates:All passed candidates have to collect their Delf-Dalf certificates in person in our center in Banjara Hills. In case the candidate is not able to come in person, he/she could authorize via email (firstname.lastname@example.org ), a family member or a friend to collect the certificate on his/her behalf.NO MARKS WILL BE COMMUNICATED OVER THE PHONE OR BY EMAIL AND NO DUPLICATE CERTIFICATE WILL BE ISSUED.
Other Centres in India?
Ahmedabad |Goa |Delhi | Bangalore | Hyderabad | Thiruvananthapuram | Chandigarh | Mumbai | Chennai | Pune